Todd Grewe focuses his practice principally on resolving private and public works construction disputes; he represents both owners and general contractors and defends architectural and engineering malpractice claims. His practice also encompasses commercial and business tort litigation, affordable housing and real estate law. He is a frequent lecturer on construction and commercial litigation matters and has earned both law and MBA degrees. Prior to practicing law, Mr. Grewe worked as a construction laborer. He worked after college for many years in New York's financial markets and in computer integration for Andersen Consulting (now Accenture). He taught English in China, worked as a summer law clerk in the United States and Japan, and was a judicial extern clerk to U.S. District Court Judge Robert E. Jones.
Professional & Community Activities
Mr. Grewe serves on the Board of Directors for both non-profit corporations working for the benefit of youth and for-profit corporations. He is an active member of the American, Oregon, Washington, and Multnomah Bar Associations, he is inactive though licensed in the State of Colorado and was a Barrister with the American Inns of Court. In 2008, Mr. Grewe served as a judge for the Portland Daily Journal of Commerce's 2007-2008 "Best Projects" Competition. He is a private pilot and a member of the Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association. He is a member In the Associated Builders and Contractors as well as the Associated General Contractors. Mr. Grewe is an Eagle Scout who donates his time to the Cascade Pacific Council's Legal Committee. He sits on the Executive Committee of the Eagle Scout Association and has been the chairman of its Scholarship Committee since 2002, and was elected to the Executive Board, Cascade Pacific Council, BSA in 2007. Mr. Grewe also donates his time to the Classroom Law Project for high school mock trial students, judges law student competitions and performs pro bono work for the community.
Selected Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Author, LexisNexis Expert Case Commentary, "Enhanced Owner Remedies, The Diminution of Oregon's Economic Loss Doctrine Defense," Matthew Bender & Co Publishing, 2007
- Co-author, Oregon State Bar Civil Litigation Manual Update, Chapter 13, Provisional Process
- Lecturer, Construction Lien and Bond Law in Oregon, Lorrnan Educational Services, 2006
- Lecturer, Tricks Traps and Ploys Used in Construction Scheduling in Oregon, Lotman Educational Services, 2005
- Lecturer, A Comprehensive Guide to Resolving Construction Disputes, Lorman Educational Services, 2004
- Lecturer and Author, How to get Paid: Principles & Procedures of Lien Claims, National Association of Credit Managers, 2003
- Lecturer, Oregon and Washington Construction Lien Law, National Association of Credit Managers, September 2003,2002,2001
- Admitted to Practice in Oregon and Washington State Courts
J.D., Syracuse University College of Law
Order of Barristers Honor Society; winner of both Excellence in Advocacy and Moot Court Executive Director Awards
M.B.A., Syracuse University School of Management
Beta Gamma Sigma Honors Society
B.A., University of Washington
Jurisdictions Admitted to PracticeOregon State Courts
Washington State Courts
*Todd Grewe is a Professional Corporation.